|MCS-024 Solved Assignment 2017-18 For IGNOU BCA/MCA|
Course Title: Object Oriented Technologies and Java Programming
Assignment Number: BCA (4)/024/Assignment/17-18
Last Dates for Submission: 15th October, 2017 (For July 2017 Session)
: 15th April, 2018 (For January 2018 Session)
Questions Solved In Assignment:
1. (a) What is Object Oriented Programming? Explain concepts of object and
class, with the help of example of each.
(b) What is information hiding? Explain its advantages.
(c) Explain why java is platform independent.
2. (a) What are different data types in java? Explain briefly.
(b) Write a java program to create an Account class and define methods in
it, to manage saving bank account.
3. (a) Explain with an example, how array of objects are created in java.
(b) Write a java program to demonstrate handling of multidimensional array
(c) Write a java program to create Date class with proper constructor, to
create object containing date and time. Define a method to display
current date and time. Make necessary assumptions required.
4. (a) What is inheritance? How it provides flexibility in application
development? Explain with the help of an example.
(b) Explain the need of package in Java. Explain accessibility rules for
(c) Explain concept of polymorphism with the help of example.
5. (a) What is interface? How it is different from abstract class.
(b) What is an exception? Explain various causes of exceptions. Explain
different types of exceptions.
(c) Explain the situations in which constructors are overloaded, with the
help of example.
6. (a) What is multithreading? Explain various applications where
multithreading may be used. Also explain how threads are created in
(b) Create an Applet which take name and address of a student and convert
it into upper case.
7. (a) What is object serialization? Explain working of object serialization.
(b) Explain different stream classes in java.
(c) Explain StringBuffer class and its various methods.
8. (a) What is proxy server? Explain URL class and its methods in java.
(b) Explain sending UDP Datagrams with the help of an example.
(c) What is servlet ? Explain GET and POST methods of servlet.