Course Code : MCS-011
Course Title : Problem Solving and Programming
Assignment Number : MCA(I)/011/Assignment/2018-19
Maximum Marks : 100
Weightage : 25%
Last Date of Submission : 15th October, 2018 (for July session)
15th April, 2019(for January session)
There are eight questions in this assignment which carries 80 marks. Each question carries 10 marks. Rest 20 marks are for viva-voce. Answer all the questions. You may use illustrations and diagrams to enhance the explanations. Include the screen layouts also along with your assignment responses. Please go through the guidelines regarding assignments given in the Programme Guide for the format of presentation.
- Write an algorithm, draw a flow chart and write its corresponding C program to convert a decimal number to its equivalent hexadecimal number. (10 Marks)
- Write an algorithm and its corresponding C program to generate students’ Progress-Report for VIII standard (section of 20 students) of a CBSE school for all its 4 terms. Use Structures concept. Assumptions can be made wherever necessary. (10 Marks)
- Write a C program to generate the following pattern: (10 Marks)
1 2 3
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4 5
- Write a program to generate Fibonacci series using Recursion.
- Write a C program to perform the following operation on matrices
D = A + (B * C), where A, B and C are matrices of (3 X 3) size and D is the resultant matrix. (10 Marks)
- Write an interactive C program to calculate the string length of a given string, using pointers. (10 Marks)
- Write a C program to take a list of N numbers, separate even and odd numbers and put them in two appropriate files (evenfile and oddfile). Use File Handling concept. (10 Marks)
- Write an interactive C program for each to illustrate the following concepts: (10 Marks)
(a) Enumerated data type (b) Macros in C (c) typedef (d) Goto statement (e) Break statement
All questions are solved in this assignment solution.