IGNOU has launched a new programme which shall be on offer through Open Distance Learning (ODL) Mode from January 2021 Session.
This programme will be offered under the School of Engineering and Technology (SOET) of IGNOU,
Post Graduate Certificate in Industrial Safety (PGCINDS) will be offered with the following broad objectives:
- PGCINDS programme aims to develop skilled human resources in the field of industrial safety at the local, regional and national levels.
- It seeks to build competencies and professional skills among learners to avail employment opportunities in various industrial sectors.
- It aims to upgrade the knowledge and skills of those working in industry without a formal training.
- The programme also caters to the academic needs of those aspiring for higher learning.
Eligibility for Admission: Graduate in Engineering/ Graduate in Science with Physics and Chemistry.
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration of the Programme: Minimum 6 months and maximum 2 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions
Fee structure: Rs. 6000 for full programme
Total Credits: 16
Study Materials: Digital Self Learning Material (SLM) will be provided.
Syllabus for PGCINDS
|Course Code||Title of course||Type of Course||Credits|
|MIS-021||Safety Philosophy and Principles of Accident Prevention||Compulsory/Theory||4|
|MIS-022||Industrial Safety: Rules and Acts||Compulsory/Theory||2|
|MIS-023||Safety in Construction Industry||Compulsory/Theory||2|
|MIS-024||Mechanical and Electrical safety Management||Compulsory/Theory||2|
The programme delivery mechanism for the Post Graduate Certificate in Industrial Safety (PGCINDS) shall be as follows:
- The programme will be delivered by the School of Engineering & Technology, IGNOU.
- The admitted students will get the academic support (counseling sessions, assignments submission etc) through online platform.
- There will be one assignment for each course MIS-021, MIS-022, MIS-023 and MIS-024.
- For the course MISP-021, each student will complete the project as per the guidelines given in Project workbook.
Dr. Sanjay Agrawal
Email: [email protected],
For more details, go through following link: