As IGNOU has changed admission method of mostly courses to online only. Most of the students are getting admission though website. One major question arise after admission is “How can I get my IGNOU ID Card?” . This a common question asked by newly registered IGNOU students.
IGNOU can take more than one or two months to issue IGNOU Identity card to the students. If the admission is confirmed by IGNOU, then they will send Identity card via POST and you can also download online which I will tell you in this article. The students must carry the IGNOU ID card at the time of the exam. The students who do not bring the identity card will not be allowed to appear in the exam whether it is practical or theory exam.
In this article I will tell you steps to download IGNOU ID Card from official website (www.ignou.ac.in). If you do not received ID Card via Post then you can follow these steps to check your ID Card status and download it, if it is available.
Steps to Download IGNOU ID Card
- Open this url https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/Login.aspx
- You can copy paste this url in your browser or simply click on it.
- After opening the url you will see a screen like below:
- Now fill your username and password & the image text in the fields given.
- This username and password is same what you used for registration.
- After filling your details click on Login button and you will see a screen like below:
- Now click on the Know your status button to check the status of your ID Card.
- If the your ID Card is available then you will be able to download it. Otherwise you have to wait for the status to update.
After downloading ID Card you have to print it. To make it an official ID Card you have to attest it from your regional center. Without attesting the ID Card it would be invalid.