Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU) has emerged as the largest Open University in the World. The University offers both short-term and long-term programmes of Certificates, Diplomas, Advance Diploma, Associates Degree, and Degrees. IGNOU covers various schools, the School of Education is one of it. If you are willing to take admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Session then you should read below text carefully we have given some important dates and links you should write down or set reminder for the dates. Also stay connected with www.khoji.net to get all new updates from IGNOU including admission dates, exam dates and any other rule change.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission Procdure
Admission will be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU on an all over India basis. To appear in the test the candidates will have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria and fill up the application form. The expected dates of the admission process of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 is given in the table below:
|IGNOU B.Ed 2019||Dates|
|Availability of the application form||First week of July 2018 (Tentative)|
|Last date to submit the application form||11 August 2018 (Tentative)|
|Issuance of Admit Card||3rd week of Sep 2018|
|Result||Third Week of October 2018|
|IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance Test||24 September 2018|
Note: Dates will be updated when declared.
IGNOU B.Ed Course Details
The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme is five years. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme is offered in both English and Hindi medium by IGNOU.
IGNOU B.Ed Fee Details
The approx programme fee of IGNOU B.Ed 2019 is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire programme.
Eligibility Criteria For IGNOU B.Ed
- You must have at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
- If you have a minimum of 55% marks in Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics or any other equivalent qualification you can apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2019.
Candidates who are applying for B.Ed(ODL) in Open Distance Learning, must also fulfill the below criteria,
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- A complete NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face to face mode.
- Only those candidates whose results are declared and are qualified at the time of submitting the entrance cum application form are eligible.
- Candidates having Masters’ Degree but if they are not awarded a first class, cannot apply for admission in IGNOU B.Ed 2019.
- If you are not fulfilling minimum eligibility at the time of submitting the application form, even though you have appeared and qualified the entrance test, you will be considered ineligible.
Relaxation of eligibility:
- 5% marks will be relaxed in minimum eligibility to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- There will be reservations provided to the Kashmiri Migrants and the War Widows as per the University Rules.
Mode of Application: Offline (approx)
Application fee: Rs. 1000/- if submitted in person, Rs. 1050/- if sent by post. (approx)
Mode of Payment: Demand Draft or In person on the Office Counter in University
Copy of self-attested Documents to be submitted with the application form:
- Copy of Documents of Education Qualification.
- Copy of Documents of Professional qualification (i.e. completion of NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode).
- Copy of documents underemployment certificate.
- Affidavit by Parent/Guardian.
- Affidavit by the student.
- Duly filled Registration form for Fee exemption of SC/ST Students under SCSP and TSP.
- Duly filled Form of the Caste Certificate belonging to OBS (Non-Creamy Layer) Categories.
- Duly filled Form of the Caste Certificate belonging to SC/ST Categories.