IGNOU BDP (BA) Solved Assignment for 2018 (FREE)
EPS-03 MODERN INDIAN POLITICAL THOUGHT
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: EPS–03
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA /2017-18
Total Marks: 100
Answer all questions. Try to answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Discuss the British colonial intervention in India’s polity in the early 19th century.
Write an essay on the advent and evolution of Socialism in colonial India.
2. Examine political liberalism in 19th century India.
Discuss M.G. Ranade’s views on social reforms.
B) MCQ: Answer the following in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss Bhagat Singh’s ideology.
Examine the Positive Programme of political action of Sri Aurobindo.
4. Examine E.V. Ramaswami Naicker’s role in the Self –Respect Movement of 1925.
Write a note on Dr. B. R. Ambedker’s views on social and economic democracy.
5. Write a note on the objective conditions for the rise of the socialist movement in India.
Examine Jawaharlal Nehru’s views on socialism.
6. Examine the various dimensions of Swaraj.
What was Gandhi’s concept of Satyagraha? Explain.
C) SCQ: Answer the following in about 100 words each.
7. What was Lohiya’s intellectual context? Elaborate.
Formation of the Communist Party of India.
8. Marxist thought in post- independence India.
M.N. Roy’s critique of Marxism.